Payroll/Personnel Specialist Available Positions
Advanced Helicopter Services will never compromise safety, quality or integrity. Our vision is to provide unequaled customer service, unsurpassed quality.
– The AHS Team
We are a growing helicopter maintenance repair station based in Woodland, CA. We have expanded our services and employee base to multiple states in the US. We are looking for a payroll specialist who has multi-state payroll experience. While a background in HR and recruiting is strongly preferred, we are willing to invest in growing our Payroll/Personnel Specialist in these areas. You’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact on our company! The HR Representative is responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll, payroll administration, onboarding new hires, assisting with recruiting efforts and maintain records in accordance with state and federal regulations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO : (Essential Functions).
• Process bi-weekly payroll for all company entities.
• Assist with enforcing payroll policies and procedures.
• Contact various department supervisors for any payroll related questions.
• Apply for out of state payroll taxes.
• Perform payroll/benefits-related reconciliations. Resolve discrepancies with third-party administrator, payroll and the company.
• Create new employee personnel files and maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
• Submit new employee background checks online.
• Prepare new hire packets in accordance to state and federal laws.
• Schedule new hire orientations.
• Complete I-9 for new hires and maintains I-9 records.
• Update HRIS database records and process paperwork for new hires, terminations, and other status changes in a timely fashion.
• Assist with tracking performance reviews.
• Assist HR Manager with various research projects and/or special projects.
• Assist with or prepare correspondence.
• Review the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy.
• Compile reports from the database as needed.
• Completes verification of employment requests.
• Assists in hiring process by coordinating job postings on websites and sourcing resumes.
• Additional job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE HANGAR: (Required Qualifications)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in payroll and 2 years of related Human Resources experience.
• Must be extremely detail orientated with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including State and Federal regulations.
• Organizational skills to achieve timely progress on multiple simultaneous projects with a high level of productivity and accuracy.
• Creative decision making and analytical problem-solving skills.
• Requires technical proficiency.
• Experience interpreting and articulating payroll, personnel policies and procedures and employment law.
• Intermediate still working with MS Office and HRIS software programs.
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and discretion.
• Communication Proficiency
• Continuous Improvement
• Teamwork Orientation
• Time Management
• Ethical Conduct
• Technical capacity
• This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WHAT WE PREFER YOU ALSO BRING : (Preferred Qualifications)
• Multi-state payroll laws.
• Applying for out of state business licenses and payroll taxes.
• Software implementation experience.
Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and be able to pass criminal background check and drug test prior to start.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran or disability status.