ENGINE TECHNICIAN Available Positions
Advanced Helicopter Services will never compromise safety, quality or integrity. Our vision is to provide unequaled customer service, unsurpassed quality.
– The AHS Team
Responsible for performing the inspection, maintenance, and repair of Safran Helicopter Engines in a Level 3 Certified Maintenance Center, and in the field at customer locations as needed. This position provides excellent career advancement, with qualified candidates receiving Level 3 training upon successful completion of introductory period and readiness. This position also offers travel opportunities, with the chance to build relationships and work one-on-one with a wide range of customers. This is a unique position for the right candidate, with an opportunity to receive highly specialized training and support unique and interesting programs
WHAT YOU’LL DO : (Essential Functions).
To perform this job successfully, you’ll need to be able to perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for ensuring manufacturer instructions and company processes are followed.
• Maintains records in compliance with FAA and company requirements.
• Ensures deadlines are met, while effectively communicating circumstances preventing such to management.
• Maintains premises of the shop facility in a clean and organized manner.
• Maintains equipment, tools and facilities in serviceable and working condition.
• Provides feedback for process improvement.
• Additional job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE HANGAR: (Required Qualifications)
• FAA Airframe and Powerplants (A&P) License
• Experience with turbine rotor wing – minimum 2 years
• Able to obtain valid CA driver’s license
• Must be eligible for DOD clearance
• Valid State Driver’s License
• Valid US Passport – required
• Familiar with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Must be willing to live in or relocate to Northern California
• Work full-time and willing to work overtime
• Able to travel within the USA and out of the country for overnight travel
• Able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 75 pounds
• Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands
• Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
• Customer Oriented
• Communication Proficiency
• Time Managementt
• Must be able to lift up to 70#
• Ability to physically perform climbing, stooping, stretching, and physical movements and postures normally associated with hangar/flight line activities
• Must be able to work in environment that is not temperature/humidity controlled
• Must be able to work on your feet hours at a time
WHAT WE PREFER YOU ALSO BRING : (Preferred Qualifications)
• Experience maintaining Airbus Helicopters and / or Safran Helicopter Engines highly desirable
• Understanding and experience within a Part 145 repair station will be given preference
Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and be able to pass FAA regulated drug/alcohol tests and background check prior to start.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran or disability status.