Engine Technician Available Positions
Advanced Helicopter Services is a medium sized full-service helicopter facility headquartered in Northern California. We provide worldwide around the clock service and support. Our AHS team consists of highly qualified factory trained technicians and knowledgeable support specialists that take pride in their work in the area of safety, reliability and responsiveness. We hope you’ll join us as we continue to commit to customer service, innovation, and build what comes next on our mission to be the best.
– The AHS Team
Position Title: Engine Technician
Position Purpose: Responsible for performing the inspection maintenance, and repair of Safran Helicopter Engines in a Level 3 Certified Maintenance Center, and in the field at customer locations as needed.
Essential Functions : Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for ensuring manufacturer instructions and company processes are followed.
• Maintains records in compliance with FAA and company requirements
• Ensures deadlines are met, while effectively communicating circumstances preventing such to management.
• Maintains premises of the shop facility in a clean and organized manner..
• Maintains equipment, tools and facilities in serviceable and working condition.
• Provides feedback for process improvement.
• Additional job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
• Customer Oriented
• Communication Proficiency
• Time Management
• Current A&P license
• Experience with turbine rotor wing – minimum 2 years
• Familiar with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Valid CA driver’s license
• Must be eligible for DOD clearance
• Experience maintaining Airbus Helicopters and / or Safran Helicopter Engines highly desirable
• Understanding and experience within a Part 145 repair station will be given preference
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. The work environment is often not temperature/humidity controlled. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to bend, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, exempt position.
This position may require occasional travel. Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please complete application at www.AdvancedHelicopterServices.com and include dates of employment as well as schools/courses attended, current certificates, manufacturer’s courses attended and ratings held and email to HR@advheli.com.