Payroll/Personnel Specialist Available Positions
Advanced Helicopter Services will never compromise safety, quality or integrity. Our vision is to provide unequaled customer service, unsurpassed quality.
– The AHS Team
Position Title: Payroll/Personnel Specialist
Position Purpose: The Payroll/Personnel Specialist is responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll, payroll administration, onboarding new hires and maintaining records in accordance with state
and federal regulations. This position reports directly to the HR Manager, but is also a point of contact for management and all employees within our family of companies.
Essential Functions :Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Process bi-weekly payroll for a 100+ US exempt, non-exempt and out of state employees.
• Serves as a subject matter expert for payroll related inquiries from employees, managers, and third-party vendors.
• Review timesheets for accuracy and follow up as necessary with management and employees.
• Perform a self-audit of bi-weekly payroll before submitting for management review.
• Assist with enforcing HR and payroll policies and procedures.
• Perform payroll/benefits related reconciliations. Resolve discrepancies internally or with third-party administrators.
• Apply for out of state payroll taxes.
• Create new employee personnel files and maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
• Submit and monitor new employee background checks online.
• Prepare new hire packets in accordance to state and federal laws.
• Schedule and conduct new hire orientations.
• Complete I-9 for new hires and maintain I-9 records.
• Follow up to ensure all eligible employees are signed up for benefits.
• Update HRIS database records and process paperwork for new hires, separations and other status changes in a timely fashion.
• Assist in hiring process by coordinating job postings on websites and social media as well as sourcing resumes.
• Collaborate with the HR Manager to develop processes and standard operating procedures with a continuous improvement mindset.
• Assist with tracking performance reviews.
• Compile reports from the database as needed.
• Complete verification of employment requests.
• Assist HR Manager with various research projects and/or special projects.
• Additional job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in multi-state payroll and 2 years of related Human Resource experience.
• Must be extremely detail orientated with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations
• Organizational skills to achieve timely progress on multiple simultaneous projects with a high level of productivity and accuracy
• Creative decision making and analytical problem solving skills
• Requires proficiency in technical, workflows and process evaluation skills
• Experience interpreting and articulating payroll, personnel policies and procedures and employment law
• Intermediate skills working with MS Office and HRIS software programs
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and discretion
• Previous experience n accounting role
• Previous recruiting experience using job boards and social media
This is a casual work environment with the HR office located in an airplane hangar. HR is a department of two, so while we’re busy, this isn’t a high foot traffic office. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly exposed to office noises (i.e., office machines, conversations). There may occasionally be exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, vibration and loud helicopters.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, office hours 8:30am to 5:30pm. On occasion overtime may be required.
No travel expectation for this position.
Must be able to perform accurate, quality work; must be able to appropriately determine priorities, and be flexible to changing priorities as needed/instructed; must be a self-starter and able to follow through work projects to completion; must be able to shift from tasks as needed without losing focus of work being performed; must act with professionalism to internal and external contacts; must be a team player.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Please complete application and include dates of employment as well as schools/courses attended, current certificates, manufacturer’s courses attended and ratings held to HR@advheli.com
Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and be able to pass a drug/alcohol test and a background check prior to start.