Avionics Technician/Installer Available Positions
Advanced Helicopter Services will never compromise safety, quality or integrity. Our vision is to provide unequaled customer service, unsurpassed quality.
– The AHS Team
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Airframe Services
• Coursework and experience in rotary aviation/electrical
• Aviation experience is required. No exceptions
• Valid CA driver’s license
• Must be eligible for DOD clearance
• Current, valid A&P license with verifiable experience a plus
• Candidates must provide their own basic hand tools
• Technician with verifiable general aviation, all-around flightline avionics experience
• Avionics system installation and avionics troubleshooting on aircraft
• Ability to work off of drawings and perform installs
• Tech savvy with experience installing harnesses and programming
Hours: Typically Monday-Friday day shifts, but must be available for OT as needed evenings/weekends
• Some travel, as required
• Position requires frequent bending, crouching, crawling, reaching while working in close or cramped quarters
• Must be able to work in environment that is not temperature/humidity controlled
• Must be able to work on your feet hours at a time
• Must possess honesty, integrity and a commitment to maintaining safe, compliant aircraft, as well as sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making
• Must ensure aircraft are safely maintained in accordance with the Airworthiness Standards prescribed by applicable Regulations, Airworthiness Directives and Standard Practice
• Strong ability to communicate, manage one’s own time and troubleshoot.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Applies technical knowledge of and experience with avionics systems to install, troubleshoot and maintain all wiring on aircraft. Restores aircraft to safe, airworthy condition
• Perform basic soldering, harness build up and installation including wire stripping and crimping, fault isolation and repair of avionics systems malfunctions.
• Maintains records in compliance with FAA and company requirements. Also meets customer’s needs.
• Maintains premises of the shop facility in a clean and organized manner
• Maintains equipment, tools and facilities in serviceable and working condition
• Meets all job/Work Order deadlines, communicating to supervisor/manager when circumstances may prevent on-time completion.
• Assures proper information is shared re job timelines, shop issues, parts delays, and change orders
Pay is commensurate with experience
Benefits available after successful completion of eligibility period/s to include health, dental, vision, life/AD&D insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Account and Sick/Paid Time Off.
Please complete application at www.AdvancedHelicopterServices.com and include dates of employment as well as schools/courses attended, current certificates, manufacturer’s courses attended and ratings held and email to HR@advheli.com
Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and be able to pass FAA regulated drug/alcohol tests and a background check prior to start.